All Sagittarius Eye positions are unpaid. However, you’ll be joining one of the most, exciting, dynamic and fast-growing teams in the Elite Dangerous community, and creating brilliant content with talented and fun people!
We work from the Sagittarius Eye virtual offices – click here to apply for any of the below roles.
Would you like to make Sagittarius Eye? Are you confident using InDesign?
We are looking for people to join our Design team and help create our monthly magazine. Designers are asked to do the layup stage for two to four articles per month (generally around the beginning of each calendar month).
Applicants should be communicative, able to take editorial input and criticism, have a flair for design and want to join an exciting and growing group of fifty creatives making Elite Dangerous’ finest publication!
We are looking for two more editors for our in-universe video news Bulletins. Applicants need to be able to:
- Set up an Alpha channel / Chroma key config to implement our premade intro (.pds or .avi, depending on your software)
- Set up and level multiple video and audio channels
- Use linear and eased fades for the intro/outro following our pre-scripted timetable
- Create .png thumbnails from our .PSD assets via photoshop/photopea.com
- Deliver a reliable and quick workflow for scheduled releases
We are looking for a podcast engineer to help produce our monthly audio edition of Sagittarius Eye, alongside the “print” version of the magazine.
Reporting to our Podcast Director and Editorial team, applicants will need to be able to convert the text versions of our articles into an audio format, and mix this with audio samples, music and sounds developed by our in house musical composers.
Successful applicants will need to:
- Have a good ear for detail and sound quality.
- Have experience of using Text-To-Speech software and ideally have access to use several different “voices”. (We currently use Amazon Polly)
- Have experience of using SSML or similar text to speech markup language -or- understand how to edit text ‘on-the-fly’ to ensure that spoken text is pronounced as correctly and naturally as possible.
- Have familiarity with using basic sound editing software for mixing audio and adjusting levels as needed. (We currently use Audacity)
- Be able to improvise and work with the podcast director and editorial teams to implement minimal changes to article text, to make it suitable for use in the audio edition.
- Be able to dedicate enough time to convert approximately 20,000 words per month using Text-To-Speech applications, and to proof & amend samples where required.