Before you go further:
What SAGi is looking for in general:
- NEWS - not fiction stories or fanfiction.
- Journalistic-style reports.
- Player-driven or player-related.
- Interesting to a wide sample of players.
- In-universe - no meta references
- Journalistic "thinkpiece" articles on aspects of Elite Lore.
What we like for the Magazine:
- Thinking articles (taking a considered look at something in the universe of Elite: Dangerous).
- Educational articles (how to do a thing).
- Interviews (talking to players about the interesting thing they're doing).
- Reports (investigative journalism about a certain faction/superpower).
- Examinations (detailed looks at one small aspect to learn something new).
- Historical Retrospectives (something happened in the past that influenced events today).
- Ship Reviews (either new models or lesser-known ships).
What we like for Bulletins:
- Recaps of recent news stories.
- Visually interesting — it's a video bulletin, we need opportunities for good footage.
- Remember you're writing the SCRIPT, this needs to be spoken aloud.
- No more than 200 words.
What to include in your News Idea submission:
- A short news idea (keep to the relevant points only, let us write the ‘story’)
- Who did it? Who was involved? Relevant names (commander names, player group names, etc.).
- Dates. When was it done?
- Links to sources (e.g. forum post, reddit post, Imgur screenshot, etc.).
- Links to relevant people/groups.
- Quotes. If someone (or you) wants to give a quote on the thing you’re reporting, include in in quotation marks “ “ and be sure to include who said it (commander name).
What news is SAGi interested in?
News submissions should be:
- Player-driven or Player-related (see examples).
- Interesting to a wide sample of players, not just a narrow interest group.
- In-universe - no meta references.
Think about your news idea like this:
- What makes this news?
- What is interesting about this idea?
- Why do people need to know?