Before you go further:
What SAGi is looking for in general:
- Not fanfiction
- Player-driven or player-related
- Interesting to a wide sample of players
- In-universe - no meta references
- Think about your idea like this: what makes this news? What is interesting about this idea? Why do people need to know?
What we like for the Magazine:
- Thinking articles (taking a considered look at something in the universe of Elite: Dangerous)
- Educational articles (how to do a thing)
- Interviews (talking to players about the interesting thing they're doing)
- Reports (investigative journalism about a certain faction/superpower)
- Examinations (detailed looks at one small aspect to learn something new)
- Historical Retrospectives (something happened in the past that influenced events today)
- Ship Reviews (either new models or lesser-known ships)
What we like for Bulletins:
- Recaps of recent news stories
- Visually interesting — it's a video, so we need opportunities for good footage
- A short news idea (keep to the relevant points only, let us write the ‘story’)
- Who did it? Who was involved? Relevant names (commander names, player group names, etc.)
- Dates. When was it done?
- Links to sources (e.g. forum post, reddit post, Imgur screenshot, etc.)
- Links to relevant people/groups
- Quotes. If someone (or you) wants to give a quote on the thing you’re reporting, include in in quotation marks “ “ and be sure to include who said it (commander name).